Many of the women who are attracted to Vitality as a resource are at risk for burning out. This is because many of us are highly energetically sensitive/empathic and need more rest and relaxation than the average person (it just comes with the territory of being energetically sensitive). When we invest our energy into things that are not for our highest and greatest good, our energy lets us know by draining quickly. It’s our souls way of letting us know that we’re currently expending our energy in a way that is not for our highest and greatest good.
Burnout is when you are so exhausted mentally and physically, you’re unable to perform at the level that you used to. It’s super common among women who are considered the go-to person of their families and friends. This is because most go-to women want to help others more than anything. Unfortunately, this can lead to us taking on more than we can chew. This leads to being unable to perform at the levels we are used to and sometimes even crashing (this happened to me in March 2016–it was not fun!).
Some signs you’re burnt out include (but are not limited to):
- Physical and emotional exhaustion (you can’t really do anything, even if you wanted to)
- You have lost you’re zest for life/you don’t feel passionate about anything (even your life purpose or things that used to make you really happy)
- Feeling like you’ve lost your sense of purpose (because nothing excites you anymore)
- You would rather sleep than anything else
- Things that never used to bother you easily get on your nerves now (you have a short fuse)
- You’re exhausted all the time (this could also be adrenal fatigue, which I struggled with immensely the past few years as well)
- Inability to concentrate/focus
- Isolation (you don’t want to be around anyone because it’s so draining)
- Poor productivity and performance (you aren’t able to create the same quality work as before)
- Loss of a connection with your intuition (it’s hard to hear your own inner voice)
Please note that these symptoms tend to creep up over time. For instance, I started to feel burnt out on and off for two full years before I finally crashed. There were a lot of external circumstances that exacerbated my stress and promoted burnout (i.e. living in circumstances that really drained me, not having healthy boundaries, trying to take on too much, trying to be everything to everyone, moving across the country on short notice, etc.).
If you’d like to catch up on my 7-Part Facebook Live Series on the topic of burnout, you can catch them below:
- The First Step To Overcoming Burnout
- What Burnout Looks Like (So You Can Catch It Early)
- On Healthy Boundaries + Burnout
- Burnout + What Your Energy Levels Are Telling You
- Burnout + Your Divine Life Purpose
- On Being Empathic + Self-Care + Burnout
- On Burnout + Perfection + The Need For Validation
In the meantime, it’s over to you…have you ever struggled with burnout? What were some of the signs you experienced before you fully burnt out?